Mapelastic is a cementitious membrane that waterproofs concrete and masonry. It also offers protection against chemical attack from de-icing salts, sulfates, and carbon dioxide.
Provides an excellent barrier to prevent water from migrating into other areas. Mapelastic 315 is compatible with any polymer-modified cement-based mortar (ANSI A118.4 or better) or epoxy mortar (ANSI A118.3). Mapelastic 315 exceeds ANSI A118.10 requirements for waterproofing and is IAPMO-listed for use as a shower-pan liner.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Dual protection: provides waterproofing and crack isolation
• Prevents in-plane floor cracks up to 1/16″ (1,5 mm) wide from transmitting through tile or stone
• Compatible with MAPEI’s Fiberglass Mesh and Mapeband ™ accessories
• Compatible with MAPEI mortars and grouts for complete system protection
• Eliminates most surface preparation; excellent for smoothing over porous, uneven substrates
• Durable and flexible; bonds to a wide range of surfaces
• Install tile or stone after 8- to 12-hour cure.
• Flood-test after 72-hour cure.